Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting Carnival UK and Princess

Hi all,

I'm having problems contacting the above companies regarding deck degree route cadetships. I've tried emailing them multiple times on their email address listed on here and on their own websites. I get an email to say they have received and they will reply with in 10 working days. That 10 workings days turns into months. I've tried a number of times but get the same response, I wait for a month and still no reply. Anyone on here know how I could get a response out of the above companies and actually make contact with them?. I'm just asking some cadetship questions regarding processes, uniforms, colleges etc. Any help or points in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Safe travels

DG

These companies are notoriously hard to contact, even as qualified officers we rarely get responses from recruitment emails even when they’re hiring your rank. The best place to ask them questions is a college open day somewhere in the country where they’ll have a rep.

Comment

Alternatively you could ask on here... there are CUK/Princess cadets and officers on here.

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
        These companies are notoriously hard to contact, even as qualified officers we rarely get responses from recruitment emails even when they’re hiring your rank. The best place to ask them questions is a college open day somewhere in the country where they’ll have a rep.
        Thank you. for your advice. So if I want to contact them regarding recruitment how do I get joining forms then if they don't reply to emails?

Comment

You need to wait until they're offering cadetships on their recruitment websites, they'll advertise it alongside all their other "at sea" or "offshore" posts alongside chefs/captains/dancers etc. Both Princess and CUK advertise on their recruitment websites. Here's an example of a job ad for ETO cadets: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/carnival/...spx?jobid=4797 They won't talk to you unless you apply through their website when the ads appear, you don't apply specifically for "degree route", they'll place you on the degree route if your qualifications/experience is good enough, otherwise they'll place you on the FD/HNC/HND route.

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
            You need to wait until they're offering cadetships on their recruitment websites, they'll advertise it alongside all their other "at sea" or "offshore" posts alongside chefs/captains/dancers etc. Both Princess and CUK advertise on their recruitment websites. Here's an example of a job ad for ETO cadets:*https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/carnival/...spx?jobid=4797 They won't talk to you unless you apply through their website when the ads appear, you don't apply specifically for "degree route", they'll place you on the degree route if your qualifications/experience is good enough, otherwise they'll place you on the FD/HNC/HND route.
            right that makes sense. when about will the release cadetship applications on the recruitment website for January?

Comment

Additionally, poor customer/possible employee service in my opinion as well I would expect them to be grateful if someone was interested in a career with them and that they would be wanting to reply...obviously I go the wrong end of the stick when it comes to good customer service and recruitment!......

Comment

Sadly "customer service" doesn't exist in HR. These companies probably receive a thousand applications a day, handled by just a handful of people... replying personally to every single one would be difficult, replying to emails with questions would be impossible. If you're accepted onto a cadetship following successful application and interview etc you'll be given a contact of your cadet manager who will be there to answer your questions efficiently... but by that point you'll probably know the answers you want.

There is no telling of when applications open for January, September starts are still being advertised by other companies and some companies don't take January cadets some years etc etc. Their website enables you to sign up for "job alerts" so you can be the first to know when the cadetship post goes live.

Comment

As already mentioned a good place to get information is an open day and Warsash have one on the 8th June and there are usually around 15 companies present so it is a great opportunity to speak to represenatives of other companies as well as Princess and CUK. Even though companies choose your college it is a good idea to attend an open day as it gives you the opportunity to speak to both employers and current cadets.

Carnival only accept applications for a short period of time, last year I think it was from early July to sometime in September for the January intake.and they usually give details of the recruitment dates on their cadet Facebook page - Carnival UK Cadet Programme.

There is a Princess application form online which you can find by searching "Princess Cruises cadet application form" but I am not sure if they still use this form.

Comment

Originally posted by Another Parent View Post
                    As already mentioned a good place to get information is an open day and Warsash have one on the 8th June and there are usually around 15 companies present so it is a great opportunity to speak to represenatives of other companies as well as Princess and CUK. Even though companies choose your college it is a good idea to attend an open day as it gives you the opportunity to speak to both employers and current cadets.

Carnival only accept applications for a short period of time, last year I think it was from early July to sometime in September for the January intake.and they usually give details of the recruitment dates on their cadet Facebook page - Carnival UK Cadet Programme.

There is a Princess application form online which you can find by searching "Princess Cruises cadet application form" but I am not sure if they still use this form.
                    Thank you. I went to Warsash last October and spoke to some of the companies including Carnival and Princess. Just had a few other questions but I understand the reasons. They were just questions on little things that can wait until I get a cadet manager if I get selected. Do you have to have your ENG1 medical before applying? and do princess have applications open all year round for the two intakes?

Many thanks

Comment

No you don’t have to have your ENG1, you’re best waiting to be offered a place before doing your ENG1. Yes, Princess have their applications opened continuously.

Comment

Originally posted by ManxMariner View Post
                        No you don’t have to have your ENG1, you’re best waiting to be offered a place before doing your ENG1. Yes, Princess have their applications opened continuously.
                        Thank you for the confirmation I wasn't sure. If I wanted to join with princess at a specific intake e.g. January do I put that on the form? I can see where I say when I want to join on the form. Thanks

Comment

Carnival cadet here who's gone through the position you are in now. If you have any questions, more than happy to help. Trust me when I say that those who run the cadet programme are more than courteous but they will get a lot of emails from people, like you, with questions and don't have the time to answer them all.

Comment

Hello, I am a Princess deck cadet starting in September, I was super eager so I managed to find an application form online, so sent it to them both in the post and by email along with my CV, I sent these on the 31st Jan 2019 and had a response via email on the 5th Feb 2019, so for myself was quite a fast turnaround.. I’m not sure wether sending an application by post speeded up the reply to myself, but that may be something to try.

With regards to colleges, during my interview I was told that Princess only favour sending deck cadets to either Warsash in Southampton or Fleetwood Nautical as they feel these offer the best outcomes, so that is something to bare in mind.

I could possibly give you some information regarding processes, however I’m not sure wether you mean just within the recruitment stage or once you begin college the structure of the course etc.

You are more then welcome to message me if you have any further questions and I will try my best to help out with what I know so far!

Comment

Working...
                            X