Companies that do not require a C1/D?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companies that do not require a C1/D?

I'm interested in becoming an engine cadet but doubt I would be able to attain a C1/D visa due to a cannabis conviction in February of 2017. I have since left that habit in the past where it belongs & massively regret ever getting involved with the stuff. I was hoping I could get some information as to which ships would not require a c1/d. I'm not in a position to be choosing a certain type of ship & would quite frankly be happy to be offered a position on any vessel. Any help really would be appriciated. I can't see myself doing anything else right now as I am fascinated by marine engineering.

Any company who’s ships do not visit the USA or is likely to fly you via the USA to embark.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I'm just wanting to know which companies I could apply to which wouldn't require me to attain a c1/d transit visa as a condition of sponsorship as I doubt I would be able to in that case. I know there are some companies that only operate in the EU l (saying that with brexit on the the horizon ) & ships operating in the North Sea but I'm not clued on which companies operate in which areas or anything. Any help would really be appriciated. I don't want to give up on this career.

Comment

If you apply to SSTG then they may help you. Guys in my year had previous convictions and were placed with companies primarily based in the North Sea. Usually worked on ERRV's and Supply Vessels.
        Unlimited Class III/1 Engineer Officer of the Watch

Comment

Thank you. Funny enough I have applied to SSTG on the same night I wrote this post. If anyone can think of any other companies I'd be eternally grateful.

Comment

James fisher & sons could probably help you out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchingtheshipspassby View Post
              I'm interested in becoming an engine cadet but doubt I would be able to attain a C1/D visa due to a cannabis conviction in February of 2017. I have since left that habit in the past where it belongs & massively regret ever getting involved with the stuff. I was hoping I could get some information as to which ships would not require a c1/d. I'm not in a position to be choosing a certain type of ship & would quite frankly be happy to be offered a position on any vessel. Any help really would be appriciated. I can't see myself doing anything else right now as I am fascinated by marine engineering.
              Whilst I personally don’t like them Clyde Marine have good companies such as GulfMark, SubSea7, CalMac Ferries and NorthLink ferries, none of whom go anywhere near US or Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X