Need advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise

I am looking for a bit of advise. I’ll explain my situation I’ve applied to a company and been given an interview but on the application I said no to having any criminal convictions to my understanding they were spent but to double check I checked and realised the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act is different in Scotland and have longer rehabilitation times, and I now have to wait 3 years for a fine and a community pay back order to be spent. Am just wondering what to do should I inform the company of this the now or wait until my interview and let them know?.

Inform them as soon as possible and explain the reasons for the honest mistake. Don’t hide it or leave it any longer under any circumstances.

Comment

Exactly like Manx said, declare it. You don’t want this being found out later on down the line. Your integrity will go out the window. As someone who had a conviction, I declared it and everything was fine. That old adage, honesty is the best policy.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I informed them and due to it not being spent my application has been withdrawn and was told to apply when it is spent.

Comment

Sorry to hear that happened, but if/when you reapply they’ll at least know you’re a character with good integrity.

Comment

It’s a bummer but hey ho, do you know of any companies who don’t discriminate to much about criminal convictions, as the company I did apply to seems to be the main one.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesh1998 View Post
              It’s a bummer but hey ho, do you know of any companies who don’t discriminate to much about criminal convictions, as the company I did apply to seems to be the main one.
              Part of the reason may not be so much 'discrimination' on the companies part, but the issues related to obtaining visas/entry into the various countries you may enter.

Comment

Working...
              X