Got an interview.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an interview.

Got an interview coming up with SSTG in the next couple of weeks, really looking forward to it and a little apprehensive as it has been awhile since i have been sat on this side of the desk.

There is plenty on here to go through so I wont ask that question again.

However I would really like to get a sponsorship with P&O ferries, does anyone have any advice? Also is there likely to be any deck cadetships left with P&O at this point in the year?

Congratulations on getting an interview!

Places with P&O ferries tend to go to those who live locally to Dover, or their other "base ports", although I'm sure you can request P&O at the interview.
    Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Really, thats odd! Met 3 P&O engineer cadets at an opendays, one was from Southampton so with any luck I can get P&O

Comment

Hi matelot, my name is Alex. I went for an interview with sstg mid January and I was offered cadetship with P&O ferries. Unfortunately I have no clue wether there will still be positions left at this point, but I don't think where you live would be an issue as my permanent address is also near South Hampton and that hasn't been a problem for me. I hope everything goes well in your interview, lots of luck.

Comment

Hey Alex, will not be long till i find out but thanks for you reply. Are you doing your cadetship with P&O or are you going somewhere else?

Comment

Yes my cadetship is with P&O ferries. If everything goes well I will be starting the Deck FD in Fleetwood this September. What about you, what college are you thinking of going to?

Comment

I am not holding myself to any particular college. I would prefer Warsash as i have 2 kids and financially it makes more sense for me to stay at home rather than me and my partner pay 2 rents. However I have saved just incase that is not possible.

Comment

Also literally on my way to Rochester now, the closer we get the more nervous i become, looking forward to it though!

Comment

Hope all went well Matelot!
                  Deck Cadet - September 2018 start - City of Glasgow

Comment

All went well cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStealth View Post
                      Congratulations on getting an interview!

Places with P&O ferries tend to go to those who live locally to Dover, or their other "base ports", although I'm sure you can request P&O at the interview.
                      Hello all, I'd just like to add that the comment above about their place of residence (within the UK) bears no relevance to an applicant and their successful sponsorship / placement.

Comment

Originally posted by CTOashore View Post

Hello all, I'd just like to add that the comment above about their place of residence (within the UK) bears no relevance to an applicant and their successful sponsorship / placement.
                        Certainly, I live as far from the sea as you can in the UK and trained/worked with P&O Ferries for a while. I was also assigned to the furthest possible ports from my home, so distance doesn't matter...

Comment

Working...
                        X