Got an interview.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an interview.

Got an interview coming up with SSTG in the next couple of weeks, really looking forward to it and a little apprehensive as it has been awhile since i have been sat on this side of the desk.

There is plenty on here to go through so I wont ask that question again.

However I would really like to get a sponsorship with P&O ferries, does anyone have any advice? Also is there likely to be any deck cadetships left with P&O at this point in the year?

Congratulations on getting an interview!

Places with P&O ferries tend to go to those who live locally to Dover, or their other "base ports", although I'm sure you can request P&O at the interview.
    Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Really, thats odd! Met 3 P&O engineer cadets at an opendays, one was from Southampton so with any luck I can get P&O

Comment

Hi matelot, my name is Alex. I went for an interview with sstg mid January and I was offered cadetship with P&O ferries. Unfortunately I have no clue wether there will still be positions left at this point, but I don't think where you live would be an issue as my permanent address is also near South Hampton and that hasn't been a problem for me. I hope everything goes well in your interview, lots of luck.

Comment

Hey Alex, will not be long till i find out but thanks for you reply. Are you doing your cadetship with P&O or are you going somewhere else?

Comment

Yes my cadetship is with P&O ferries. If everything goes well I will be starting the Deck FD in Fleetwood this September. What about you, what college are you thinking of going to?

Comment

I am not holding myself to any particular college. I would prefer Warsash as i have 2 kids and financially it makes more sense for me to stay at home rather than me and my partner pay 2 rents. However I have saved just incase that is not possible.

Comment

Also literally on my way to Rochester now, the closer we get the more nervous i become, looking forward to it though!

Comment

Hope all went well Matelot!
                  Deck Cadet - September 2018 start - City of Glasgow

Comment

All went well cheers.

Comment

Working...
                    X