Which sponsor to choose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
    Did the v-ships cadet managers just sit you lot all down in a room and not let you leave until you posted something positive about them? I have no opinion on v ships either way but a bit strange to get a glut of postings in praise of them from various different people but with a similar posting style at the same time no?
    Nope, nobody was sat in a room. Somebody at V.Ships pointed out this poll, and we realised that our company wasn’t getting much attention, so we decided to change that. V.Ships’ cadet dept is very much like a family, and we all support each other, including V.Ships itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do V. ships cadets have the opportunity for employment with their sponsor once qualified?

This would be the deciding factor for me when choosing a company looking at the current market for Newly Qualified OOWs... Especially Deck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

McBoo I am a recently qualified V.Ships cadet that was sponsored by a company called X-Press feeders. They are actively seeking and recruiting British officers which as you may see in other posts is very uncommon nowadays! I was lucky enough to be offered a 3rd Officer contact in Phase 5 so that when I qualified I could walk straight into a job. V. Ships also have a large range of other vessels so the possibilities of employment on them are also available.

Also to add on to what many have already said - and these opinions are completely my own ( No locked rooms were involved) - The V.Ships cadet program is the best in the UK. Our training managers are fantastic, supportive and always just an email or a phone call away. I had people in my class that would email their training manager and not hear back for a month! Unlike other companies where you are just a number, at V.Ships you are part of a team. Our cadets have won MCA cadet of the year, Fleetwood cadet of the year, marched on live TV at the RBL festival of remembrance and been awarded Apprentice of the year. This is all because we have Lee and Florentina pushing us to be our best!

And as much as I would love to get paid for this - I'm not, this is just my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by scottishcadet00 View Post

Nope, nobody was sat in a room. Somebody at V.Ships pointed out this poll, and we realised that our company wasn’t getting much attention, so we decided to change that. V.Ships’ cadet dept is very much like a family, and we all support each other, including V.Ships itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Fair enough. Glad you are all having a good experience with your cadetship.

Comment

To add some non-V.Ship advice, I was with CMT who I'd recommend you avoid. However the cadets I most recently dealt with were SSTG cadets and they had huge amounts of support from SSTG. We had the lady from SSTG on our ship every month when we had cadets onboard and she's now working for the shipping line itself as cadet manager. The new person at SSTG was also great support for the cadets.

But regardless of how much support you get, you should be looking for the best employment prospects which you would find with Princess, Carnival, SSTG - P&O Ferries, BP, Shell and PG tankers who recruit all of their cadets. V.Ships will not have the best employment track record because of the style of cadetship.

Comment

Working...
            X