2nd Cadetship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Cadetship?

Wondering if anybody can help me out with my situation here.

I participated in a cadetship a couple of years ago which I ended up terminating prematurely due to ill health of a family member.

I am looking to finding my way back into a career at sea, either by starting again as a rating (qualified to work as OS, but seemingly very hard to find a position as an OS) and working my way up to OOW that way, or preferably being taken back onto a cadetship.

Does anybody have any advice on whether any companies are willing to ‘re-sponsor’ ex-cadets, or maybe even a good place to start to get an entry level rating job as I’m not having much luck.

Thank you all very much!

This will be difficult as you will have already used your smart funding. Try the RFA (don't think they use smart funding) and possibly MEF or Chiltern as I think they might be charities and therefore maybe don't use smart funding? Someone else may be able to clarify exactly.

Comment

I thought it depended on his much was used up of the ‘cadet allowance’ as you say you left prematurely maybe you could access the balance. There is something in the notices about that aspect and how companies claim etc. Have you tried asking your old sponsor? RFA are outside of SMART so they would be a good place to try.

Comment

https://assets.publishing.service.go...5__No_SGS_.pdf

Comment

Try PNTL or RFA, almost all other companies would more than likely not accept you due to them wanting govt SMarT funding.

Comment

Working...
          X