SSTG pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSTG pay

is the training allowance enough by sstg or do you need to apply for a loan?

Re: pay

The rates of pay are down to each company with sstg, they also pay for your acom anyway so what money you get is yours no rent etc plus you can't get a student loan in phase 1 anyway its phase 3 before you can apply for a student loan
    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
    Adapt and over come
    Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Re: pay

the lads with sstg here r 1 of the best payed if not the best.
      Accommodation is payed for and they get ?350ish a month. from what i can gather there sponsor company has a say in the pay which varies a fair bit. i no 1 sstg lad who gets his halls payed for him and gets a salary thats bigger than my total pay .

i so they a no to bad company to work for regarding to pay.

Comment

Re: SSTG pay

SSTG pay minimum is ?333 a month training allowance with a hall fees paid , if you living in a house then you will get the same amount as the cost of halls a month for example if you were at shields you would get ?440 a month .

Phase 1 ?333 then increase by 1000 PA in P2 P3 P5 this is the minimum as stated some pay a heck of alot more
        Maybe I will never be
        All the things that I want to be
        But now is not the time to cry
        Now's the time to find out why

Comment

SSTG has the best overall pay (bar northstar) for cadets, phase 3 and onwards, phase 1 is ?333 a month, and your dorms payed for, unfortunatly you can't move out until phase 3. at which your wage will be ?500, and if you choose to move out of the halls, an extra ?110 per week, so ?940 in a average 4 week month. Phase 2 your pay goes up slightly, something around the ?420 mark, I can't tell you on phase 4/5, but in phase 4 you won't be able to claim accomodation allowance, the same as phase 2. If your payed directly from SSTG, your company has little/no involvement of your wage, (unless they want to give you a bonus )
          Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

brimbo has your company given you a bonus?

Comment

hi brimbo buddy...i am starting with Northstar in September do you have any idea what northstars pay is like? As in your previous post you've said bar northstar...was just wondering.

Comment

Pear:
                My company hasn't given me an extra bonus', i think there's around 5 companies that pay there own seperate wages within SSTG, seacor, northstar, and a tanker company are all I can remember of the top of my head. Otherwise SSTG give you fixed pays, no bonuses.

Htirvin:
                Northstar pay's a lot better than most companies due to them requesting you stay in the halls of residence for the entire course, I don't know the starting wage but the lad in my class recieves ?750, and were in phase 3. You wouldn't recieve SSTG accomodation allowance if you happened to be able to get out of the local hall's, though in the rare case it sometimes happens!
                Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Bonus, the latin for Carrot....
                  I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                  X