Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AW Crewing/Hadley Shipping Cadet

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with AW Crewing sponsored by Hadley Shipping?

I'm due to start as a 'fast-track' Engine Cadet with them next month.

Thanks

Yes, feel free to drop me a message.
    27//Officer Cadet//Phase Three//Warsash

My officer cadet blog - SeasboundBySummer.Tumblr.com

Comment

Hi menzieshill_1 ,

I'm also due to start the "Fast-Track Route" for Engine Cadet in Glasgow next month with Hadley Shipping as a sponsoring company which was sourced through AW Crewing, are you going to be in Glasgow or are you in another nautical college?

Comment

I missed the application cut off witn AW crewing, but have managed to get sponsorship with another company also via the fast track route.

i was awaiting to hear if Glasgow was doing the fast track route, but it looks as tbough they have. Will possibly be on the same course as you both.

Comment

Yesdeedub29 , the Riverside Campus of the City of Glasgow College are running the fast track route. I was Initially meant to have started the course in May but it got cancelled due to "company requests" and "low enrollment numbers". I phoned the college today asking when they would be sending confirmation of start date/joining instructions and they hope to have them sent out to cadets within the next week.

Comment

Hi S88GRA, I'll be in Glasgow but starting two weeks later due to being on holiday. I haven't received anything from the college in the way of course details yet. I only just managed to secure accommodation yesterday

Comment

That is great news guys, hopefully we will get the joining instructions through soon. If am correct it was due to begin the first week in September.

Comment

deedub29 Hi, I was told the course starts on the 13th of August when I went for my interview so a bit concerned that I've had nothing through from them yet but hopefully get all the info next week*

I'd imagine we'll be on the same course but I've only got an HND so I think mine will be a wee bit longer if you guys have degrees etc.

Have you managed to get accommodation yet?

Comment

Hi all, menzieshill_1 you're right in saying the start date is the 13th of August as that is what I have written in both my "Offer of Sponsorship" letter and the "Training Agreement" documents sent to me from AW Crewing. On top of that, that is the date that was mentioned when I was in contact with the college yesterday questioning when would they be sending out letters detailing joining instructions. From what I gathered, we have to be at the college for 09:00 on 13th August with the required PPE (details of which will be listed in the letter the college are sending out within the next week).

Hope this helps in some way guys!!

Comment

Thanks guys for information I am awaiting to hear from my sponsor this week, its all finally happening and has come around so quickly

Comment

S88GRAdeedub29 have either of you received anything from the college yet? I’m still waiting and getting a bit conceremed now

Comment

Hi menzieshill_1 , I have emailed my contact at AW Crewing to raise this concern as I'm in the same position as yourself given the fact we've had no contact from the college. Once I hear word back I shall keep you posted on the latest details.

Comment

menzieshill_1 , deedub29

What is your email addresses and I shall forward you a document that I've been sent. It is a file that the college is meant to have sent us but since we're still waiting I can forward it onto you and you can read it at your leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by S88GRA View Post
                            menzieshill_1 , deedub29

What is your email addresses and I shall forward you a document that I've been sent. It is a file that the college is meant to have sent us but since we're still waiting I can forward it onto you and you can read it at your leisure.
                            Have sent you my email address.

Comment

Working...
                            X