clyde and carnival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clyde and carnival

i got phoned from carnival a couple of days ago saying i have an interview on the 28th and they will email me the details, only thing is i just got accepted for clyde, so can i still go for it? my worry is that you have to reply in writing asap to clyde so if i sign it off and send it back then went with carnival (if i got it) would i be fined by clyde? i think they can take a sum of compensation or something?

Re: clyde and carnival

The ?3000 compensation they claim from you is for when you have been to college and have left it for one reason or another. As you haven't actually started yet then they wont claim it from you, but they could take their offer back if you dally about.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

im sending it back tommorow, so i can do the carnival interview without having to pay compensation back? im not saying i dont want clyde, but id rather keep my options open and find out what carnival offers

Comment

YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO COLLEGE. YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY COMPENSATION TO ANYONE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO COLLEGE AND COSTED THEM LOTS OF MONEY ON TUITION FEES AND STCW SHORT COURSES!
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

CALM DOWN IM ONLY ASKING!

Comment

Have they ever actually gone after anyone for compensation? I rather suspect it's an idle threat as it would cause more grief for them than it was worth to try and extract it from someone, not to mention the negative PR.
            Of course this is notwithstanding the fact that companies actually MAKE money out of training cadets through Government funding and various tax fiddles.

Comment

I know one company (not Clyde) did recover the cost of the basic short courses after someone pulled out at the end of phase 2.
              ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Which is bollocks, seeing as in effect the cost of training is covered by the Govt.

Comment

Working...
                X