Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship

I have applied to loads of different cruise companies for the september 2011 intake. Ive got an interview for SSTG in a few weeks and had an email from carnival saying they want to invite me to an assessment day but not until i get my actual grades in august. Just wondering how other people are getting on in terms of obtaining sponsorship?

Re: Sponsorship

Hi NickH,

I had an interview with SSTG back in November for Sept 2011 intake (found out on the day that I was successful). They got back to me last week saying that some companies have released the numbers for how many cadets they want this year and my details have been forwarded to said companies. So now I just have to wait to see if any of the companies are interested and offer me 2nd interview/sponsorship.

It seems a pretty slow process from what I have witnessed, but if shouldnt take long to find the outcome of your interview with SSTG.
    Luck......Preperation times Opportunity.

Comment

it depends on wether your a deck, engine, or ETO cadet, diffrent companies take diffrent people, though cruise liners are usually the first to go for there luxuries SSTG are a good agency to be with as well though!
      Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Rowdy,

I've got my interview with SSTG at the end of February, what kind of things did they ask you in the interview? I'm hoping on doing my training with a cruise company but not sure what the likelihood of that is with SSTG compared to a applying to a normal cruise company.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I think it says in quite a few places around the forum but its more apt to call it a 'chat' rather than an interview (that doesnt mean you dont have to make an effort )

They pretty much just want to find out your motivation for wanting to become a cadet, like will you stick it out and complete the full cadet course? and how will you cope with long periods away from friends and family?

I didnt get asked any technical questions as far as I can remember, just some simple ones such as 'How many crew members do you think would be on this type of vessel?'

The interviewer should do a great job at making you feel comfortable and relaxed so you shouldnt be in for any nasty suprises come Feb!
          Luck......Preperation times Opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy
            Hi Nick, call it a 'chat' rather than an interview (that doesnt mean you dont have to make an effort)
            I can agree with Rowdy said the SSTG interview is just a general chat that lasts around about 1 hour and just covers why you would like to pursue a career in the merchant navy. Also In Brief what types of vessel you would like to work on.
            [center:ytwwp52g]work at something you enjoy and is worthy of your time and effort!![/center:ytwwp52g]

Comment

Working...
            X