X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuinnessMan
    replied
    Re: HoverTravel sponsorship

..And make sure you've got a nice coffin on order...

Leave a comment:

• penfold
    replied

Originally posted by WILSON
    Thanks all for your comments, so as attractive as the companies look, the small print can be very devious.

I will look into the other companies, but I must admit Zodiac are very appealing.

So fingers crossed that my interview went well, should hopefully find out sometime next week.

Kind regards to all.
    Bwuhahahahaha! Snurk. Please, your funnys have made me inhale my hot beverage. Seriously though, if you fancy Astrology Inc., learn some russian and develop a taste for Vodka.

Leave a comment:

• WILSON
    replied

Thanks all for your comments, so as attractive as the companies look, the small print can be very devious.

I will look into the other companies, but I must admit Zodiac are very appealing.

So fingers crossed that my interview went well, should hopefully find out sometime next week.

Kind regards to all.

Leave a comment:

• GuinnessMan
    replied

Pass you out and pass you around....

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied

To extend what Welsh has said, (while you may do one trip on the red funnels if they're really stuck to find you somewhere) the main reason for this is if you did your sea time on their ships you would end up with a restricted licence since you are coastal all the time. This is not desirable so they will obviously pass you out to one of the deep sea companies.

Leave a comment:

• Welsh TMT
    replied

Im with CMT but with Zodiac, but I do know someone who is sponsored by Hovertravel. If you were to be sponsored by them you would not be doing your sea time on the hovercraft and the likelyhood of you then getting a job with them is extremly low. The reason they do sponsor is for tax reasons as it is reduced because they are sponsoring cadets. The same is for Red Funnel as well, if you did get any of these as your sponsor company, for your sea time CMT would put you on a ship with one of they other cilent companies so you be doing deep sea voyages. I hope this fully answers your question, and good luck with your interview.

Leave a comment:

• WILSON
    started a topic HoverTravel sponsorship

HoverTravel sponsorship

Evening all,

I have my Clyde Marine Interview next month and I am hoping to pursue a career within the Ferry/Cruise shipping within the Merchant Navy.

Has anyone or does anyone know what Hovertravel are like as a sponsor? I visit Portsmouth once evry 6 months and to work onboard a Hovercraft would be truly awesome.

Kind regards.
Working...
X