carnival uk interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carnival uk interviews

apparently because im in year 13, i have to apply for the january 2012 intake rather than september 2011 because i only get my results the month before.

anyway that being said, i sent off an application in october and they said i had an interview, for january intakes when do interviews usually begin?

thanks

Re: carnival uk interviews

I believe it's usually between August and November, though it may be earlier. Some were interviewed January 2010 for September 2010 and had to wait a while to find out.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

p

Comment

nope im still in my final year of sixth form
        so i wont get my final a level grades until august, although i have my predicted

i seem to recall somebody saying that if your in the same boat as me, pardon the pun, then what they do is run your assesment days for jan 2012 along with the september 2011 assessment days, the reason being if i had to wait until august/november, how could i except or turn down any university offers seen as that is my backup incase i dont get in first time round.

so i suppose the real question is, when are the september 2011 assessment days?

Comment

Carnival get a lot of applications and they do get through them all, sometime's it's just a case of sit tight and wait. I had to wait a bit but in my opinion it was worth it - great company to do your cadetship with.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

Hi, just to say i got an email today saying they would like to invite me for an assesemnt day and i will be contacted soon and i have an interview with clyde on the 26th jan so quite a happy chappy, is there a pay difference with clyde and carnival? and do carnival pay your accomodation? i only know clyde dont

lol and anyone know what an assesement day consists of?

Comment

Carnival don't pay accommodation but pay is better by a reasonable amount.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mnwanabe
                lol and anyone know what an assesement day consists of?
                Group exercise, aptitude tests, maths tests and then a face to face interview.

Comment

The reason Carnival don't get back to some people/take a long time to get back is probably due to the massive amount of applications.

If you get the chance of an interview, jump at it, a great company to do your cadetship with imo. Study up on ships, companies involved in Carnival UK, the heirarchy(sp) on board ship, career prospects within Carnival etc... Also get handy with amplitude tests as best you can, do lots online, get good at maths too - this will all help with the assessments given on the day.

Most of all, be vocal, friendly, outgoing, confident, chatty, social - this is what they want in an officer on cruise ships, not some boring mute best suited to a canoe in the thames. I rekon this is proven by the cadets Carnival took on in Sept, we are all outgoing and confident, almost without exception imo!

Comment

ok thanks, could anybody tell me how much carnival pay?

Comment

Originally posted by mnwanabe
                      ok thanks, could anybody tell me how much carnival pay?
                      About ?9500 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by coldo
                        Most of all, be vocal, friendly, outgoing, confident, chatty, social - this is what they want in an officer on cruise ships, not some boring mute best suited to a canoe in the thames. I rekon this is proven by the cadets Carnival took on in Sept, we are all outgoing and confident, almost without exception imo!

This man speaks wise words.

Some form of mathematical ability is of course important (having said that I see you want to go down the engineer route therefore your maths/physics tests will probably be scrutinised more) but coming across well and being able to back up your career choice thoroughly and coherently is also key.

Comment

this could be a problem, i have never done any physics but as i have an hnc in engineering they were willing to substitute it, i am willing to learn the physics and sure i can do it if i try but if you asked me a physics question right now then i wouldnt have a clue :S i will try to find some aptitude and maths tests online to go over anybody kow good sites?

Comment

When I say physics I mean it pretty broadly. Mechanics, although usually a topic covered in most maths syllabuses, is, essentially, physics. Remember maths and physics are very closely related. At my assessment day there was a question about resolving forces, pretty basic stuff, nothing to get worried about.

When invited to the assessment day I was sent a link to a really good maths revision website, can't remember the address. Ask Carnival to send it if they haven't already.

Comment

ok lol glad to hear that! well i just got an email saying id be invited for an assesement day but im waiting to hear back from them, im guessing il get another email pretty soon

Comment

Working...
                              X