Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk Interview

Hey guys
    I've been offered an interview with Maersk Shipping for a cadetship, and I was wondering what would be asked apart from what's been in the news , I've had an interview with Clyde Marine before so anything in relation to that would also be helpful.
    Thanks

Re: Maersk Interview

Depends on the interviewer really-read the online copies of the Telegraph on the Nautilus Int Website....although sometimes depressing, it gives you a useful insight into what's going on.

Comment

when did u get ur e-mail?
      Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
      Adapt and over come
      Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

I got an email from them today asking to attend an interview as well.

I would imagine that we will be asked standard questions, most likely the same as Clyde and SSTG. Not looking forward to the "timed logical indicator paper". Will Standard grade Maths and English cover this or will I need something else?

Do you guys have any idea whether it will be just one to one for the whole day or will we be taking part in team work exercises with other participants?
        "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
        "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

orite i havnt had anything yet starting to get the feeling i won't pretty rubbish after fighting so so hard
          Adapt and over come

Comment

oh and when did you guys apply????
            Adapt and over come

Comment

I am sure that if you keep trying you will get in. I would call them and ask, that way you will find out for certain. I applied a while back, late October I think.
              "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
              "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Comment

test's are nice a simple dont worry if your half decent at maths and logic you will be fine .
                Maybe I will never be
                All the things that I want to be
                But now is not the time to cry
                Now's the time to find out why

Comment

where can i try??? because i have tried everywhere
                  Adapt and over come

Comment

You usually get asked how you would feel working away form home, How you feel about working with a multi-national crews, The obvious question as why you wanted to be a seafarer and why you chose deck or engine over the other............. that I suppose just about covers it........then the tests are the same as every other job interviews............ If "A is to B then C is to?" etc and a sort of weird test where their are alot of adjectives written down on a piece of paper, and you have to circle the ones that you feel describe yourself. then you turn over and you have to do the same but for how you think other people see you..................................... All very interesting

Comment

do they do all the e-mails at the same time???
                      Adapt and over come

Comment

Cheers for all the info lads, I got my email yesterday and I applied for 2010 September intake but I was too late so they kept my application for September 2011 and I've now got an email asking for an interview

Comment

Before my interview with Clyde Marine they sent out sheets with info on different ships, I'm going to re-learn it anyway but do you think it'll be needed for the Maersk interview, and I'm going to be going to Newcastle all the way from Glasgow, and I was wondering will Maersk send me to Glasgow Nautical College or will it be the one in Newcastle considering I do well?

Comment

Originally posted by stronglead
                            do they do all the e-mails at the same time???
                            No idea, thats why I think that it would be a good idea to call them.

Comment

i am going to asap but with christmas etc might have to wait
                              Adapt and over come

Comment

Working...
                              X