Arrears payment for rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrears payment for rent

Ok, I have established I have to pay the 1st months rent, while this is not perfect at the moment there is not much I can do about it.

However, in respect to the arrears payment your sponsoring company owes you after you pay the first months rent, when do you actaully get this money back? Would it be at the end of the 1st year or is it included in your 1st payment after you start on top of of the money they are paying you for that week?

I am pulling my hair out to make ends meet at the moment and if the ?440 for rent was paid back to me sooner rather than later it would make lending off family a lot more viable.

Re: Arrears payment for rent

If your with SSTG fill out a accomodation allowance form every end of the month to re-claim the amount that it would cost to live in your halls of residence for 30days
    Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Urm, I dont quite understand what your asking. What money are you supposed to be getting back from whom?

If your talking about rent and salary then basically it is you pay your deposit and first months rent.
      Salary is in arrears, rent is in advance.
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Hi, Brimbo I'm with Clyde. I know they do pay us ?170 a week and ?110 of that has to go towards rent, so that should be fine for most of the year. It is just the first month I am worried about as we pay that outright and they owe it us in arrears.

GuinnessMan, Clyde pay us ?170 a week normally, this should cover our expensives and rent. However, for the 1st month we have to pay the ?440 for 1 months rent outright, they then owe us this but I am not sure if we get this ?440 back with on our 1st payment date or at the end of the year, if that makes sense?

Comment

I was with CMT too. I know exactly how much they pay you.

You dont get it back. You pay your rent in advance. You get your security deposit (normally around ?150) back at the end of your rental agreement providing you haven't damaged anything.
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

ahhh this is grim news then! looks like i'll have to borrow the cash and pay it out of my weekly money, guessing it will be easier to save up when at sea as you dont have the expense of living on land :S

Comment

If your living in the south tyneside halls of residence its a ?100 deposit which has to be payed on arrival of your first day ( might be able to get it delayed if your lucky ).
              Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Working...
              X