Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Interview

Hey all,

I potentially have an interview with Disney Cruise Line coming up in June and had a look around the forum for info, couldn't find anything relevant unfortunately. I know there will be a presentation and possibly a maths test, but what about an IQ/Psychometric test? I had one for Carnival and failed that and I know that I do not do well on them for some reason, especially the 'find the missing pattern in the box' type one.

Any advice for an aspiring 'Mickey Mouser'? Lol!

Cheers!

Can't offer you any advice other than I also find these "find the pattern in the box" puzzles very difficult. Thankfully they didn't start using them at my current company until after I started working here, otherwise I suspect I may not have got the job. Quite what relevance they have to the job or what they are supposed to assess I have no idea.

Comment

I interviewed with them for a qualified job. They seemed a good employer but their very into their secrecy.
      Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

You will find very little as all applicants sign a non disclosure agreement
        “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
        myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I wouldn’t work for a Mickey Mouse company like that........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Actually, most of what I could find regarding Disney consisted of Guinness Man and Young Mariner cracking jokes of similar calibre as yourself Redroof haha!

Well, if they are secretive, does anyone then have any tips on how to do 'better' at IQ type tests? I'm fairly confident I can pass the personality portion just fine, but it's frustrating to not know where I did wrong on the test otherwise. Maybe I'm just a dumbo after all! (hah)

Thanks for the responses so far

Comment

Google psychometric tests, loads of them, but which kind they use is anyone’s guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
                Google psychometric tests, loads of them, but which kind they use is anyone’s guess.
                THIS ^^^

Practicing any psychometric exams is better than not at all.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/h...apply/ast/test
                https://tg6.testgrid.com/demo/sample.tg
                https://www.chandlermacleod.com/personality-test
                https://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/

Tips to prepare for psychometric testing

- Find a quiet place

- Think quickly, the best response is the first response

- Do not second-guess yourself

- Do not start a test tired

- Be honest

- Find out what attributes best suit the company, because the questions may be tailored towards its values

- Look at different psych testing online, such as the Chandler Macleod 5 minute Personality Test

- Take a calculator if it is a numerical aptitude test, read widely if it’s a verbal test

- Don’t try and interpret test results, ask for feedback

Comment

Originally posted by riker View Post
                  Actually, most of what I could find regarding Disney consisted of Guinness Man and Young Mariner cracking jokes of similar calibre as yourself Redroof haha!

Well, if they are secretive, does anyone then have any tips on how to do 'better' at IQ type tests? I'm fairly confident I can pass the personality portion just fine, but it's frustrating to not know where I did wrong on the test otherwise. Maybe I'm just a dumbo after all! (hah)

Thanks for the responses so far
                  Also, in all honesty, I've mostly heard very good things from people who work/worked for Disney Cruises.

Comment

Thanks YoungMariner,

Guess all I can do is practice as much as I can and do my best. Just being picked for Disney was a massive boost and I'm going to go into the interview with the most positive mindset possible! Hopefully my other attributes will stick out and make up for any weak areas!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X