Announcement

Collapse

SITE UPGRADE

We've just performed a major upgrade to the forum software. You may have noticed things look a bit different!

Please note that some features have yet to be reinstated, this will be done over the next few days. Attachments, pictures and signatures may not function as they should for the time being.

Thanks for your patience!
See more
See less

State of the industry for cadet engineers..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the industry for cadet engineers..

Wondering if there is anybody currently employed/involved in the industry who can give advice on how it's looking at the moment for cadet engineers/junior engineers ?

Looking to start a cadetship in 2018 (interviews ongoing) and although difficult to forecast the industries position in three years time if anyone can comment on current going on's it could be a good indicator for things to come..

Cheers for any replies in advance!

I'm sure you will hear many negatives from some however I say go for it mate. In my opinion from what I've seen (appreciate its a very limited scope of the UK shipping industry) the jobs are out there and starting to pick up. Engineers, there seems to be more work for so that's always a positive for you. The shortage of decent engineers is not just at sea but ashore too so if I were you I would crack on and give it your best shot. You'll be entering a good training programme with great opportunities.

Comment

Working...
    X