Announcement

Collapse

SITE UPGRADE

We've just performed a major upgrade to the forum software. You may have noticed things look a bit different!

Please note that some features have yet to be reinstated, this will be done over the next few days. Attachments, pictures and signatures may not function as they should for the time being.

Thanks for your patience!
See more
See less

CMT Sponsors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do north marine management make a c1d a requirement of the cadetship??

Comment

Stena Line was the closest we have had to calmac. The calmac cadets were basically told it would be unlikely they would be put on one of their ferries unless they requested it.
      Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie dean View Post
        Do north marine management make a c1d a requirement of the cadetship??
        I would imagine so. Their tankers regularly call in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by EH75 View Post
          Is this a recent change? When I was a cadet a few years ago some of my mates were calmac/nmm. They all got a bit of time on the ferries as well as doing trips on the tankers.
          Yeah sailings got cheaper and busier so need more crew. We never have spare cabins for cadets. We don't see them much anymore

Comment

Originally posted by therookie101 View Post
            Stena Line was the closest we have had to calmac. The calmac cadets were basically told it would be unlikely they would be put on one of their ferries unless they requested it.
            I would request it I learned more on calm ferry than any other boat when I was a cadet.

Comment

Sorry to bump this again. I remembered seeing on here that the second interviews with NMM are carried out around June/July time. Clyde phoned me maybe around a month ago, checking if it was okay to forward my details to NMM if they requested a second interview. Obviously I said it was fine, but I haven't heard anything since.

Can this mean I've not made it to the second interview stage? Since we're already into July I'm starting to feel slightly concerned

Comment

I would recommend phoning Clyde and asking. It's never too late as I remember them actively recruiting through July when I started out
                Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Working...
                X