TUI DECK CADETSHIP via SSTG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUI DECK CADETSHIP via SSTG

Now that TUI are expanding their fleet with ex Royal Caribbean ships are you likely to sail with them ?

Are you likely to sail with who, TUI or Royal Caribbean?
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Do TUI even employ Brits? Can't imagine the salaries are up to much.

Comment

TUI are the parent company for Mein Schiff and Thomson.
        They employ lots of Brits on the Thomson ships and now have dual watch-keeping on the bridge and with the 'new' RCI ships coming online I'm sure they will be looking for more people soon.
        Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

TUI....as Thomson..their fleet will be at 6 by2017

Comment

I was a TUI Cadets, completed all 4 of my trips on-board Thomson Ships and had an excellent training experience. Officers on-board TUI Ships are managed by Columbia Cruise Services, based in Hamburg, Germany but they do have an office in Southampton.Currently 2, Majesty and Spirit, are owned/managed by Louis but they will leave the fleet towards the end of the year.Salaries on-board are very reasonable, especially for Senior Officers. Would definitely recommend working with/for them.

Comment

Did you do the cadetship via SSTG?

Comment

If you are wondering how likely it is to get a cadetship with TUI through SSTG then only SSTG could tell you, although as I'm sure you know cruise cadetships are very competitive and SSTG have many other companies that they place cadets with so you may have more chance of ending up with one of those.

I did my cadetship with SSTG (not with a cruise company) and got a choice at interview of where I wanted to go so I guess if there were no spaces available on cruise ships you could always turn them down. They are not like Clyde where you don't find out where you are going until the first day of college.

If you really want a cruise cadetship then your best bet would be to apply to all the cruise companies directly and see what they say. A lot of them manage their own cadets rather than going through agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt247 View Post
                  Did you do the cadetship via SSTG?
                  I did yes!

Comment

Out of curiosity do they offer employment at the end of your cadetship?
                    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Generally speaking yes, but I don't think it is guarateed.
                      Go out, do stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X