Who is still recruiting - Comments thread. - Page 26

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

An update from SSTG:

A quick email from SSTG at the end of last week tells me they still have:

• 6 Foundation Degree spaces for Deck Officers attending South Tyneside starting on the the 18th or 25th September.

• 6 Foundation Degree or HND spaces for Engineers attending South Tyneside starting on the the 18th or 25th September or Warsash on 18th September.

Now you may think that that is all a bit close and impossible to do, and we have shown it is not the case when a few years ago Snowy applied on a Wednesday, had an interview on the Friday, got his offer through the same day and was at college on the Sunday.....

That record has been broken in terms off application to offer and contract signed!

SSTG interviewed a guy on a Monday @ 14.00hrs, an offer was made and accepted on the Tuesday morning. The college was booked and the ENG arranged by Tuesday 15.00hrs and the cadet had the Medical the following morning and started college on the 11th September!

So - spaces still left......Good Luck everyone.

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks
    An update from Anglo Eastern:

A copy of an advert that has appeared in the press:

Merchant34x8-page-001.jpg

Regards,

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

How wonderful,

A couple of days ago I got an email from a young lady who tells me she was talking to a new cadet and they both realised that they had been to the "Hatchorder School of Recruitment". They then found another person who started at college as well who said - "Me too!".

This morning they sent me a lovely email with a photograph of the three of them together at college, despite the fact they have been busy trying to get their heads around stability lessons.

Thanks guys - I really appreciate hearing how people are doing and it is funny how they all found one another within the first week of college. I hope they all get out of it what they thought they would, and love their new career.

*Chuffed!*

Ian

4. The following 2 users say Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

750XL (1 Week Ago),MarkEvans (6 Days Ago)

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526