Who is still recruiting - Comments thread.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

Several people have contacted me by PM asking for further comments on the "Who is still recruiting" thread. Therefore I have decided to create a separate thread for comments.

First rule - do not ask me to forward CV's to recruiters, divulge email addresses or contact names - I won't do it on your request. The conversations I have with these people are based on trust and to make information available to people without being bombarded themselves. They trust me to let you know if a vacancy appears, even at short notice, and if they thought I was giving out their email addresses they would make me walk the plank...

(Do they still do that now? NO!!!!! When I was a lad.....)

So - on the menu today we have 2 x ETO places need filling over at Carnival for September start - get your skates on if you want to apply for one of them - only a short time left. Also to let you all know Carnival have opened their applications for January intake, Deck and Engineer, FD and HND (dependent on college) and they close for applications for January intake on August the 1st. That must give you an idea of how popular these places are the window is only open for less than 6 weeks. If I get any feedback on numbers of spaces available I will update you all.

Off you go!

Regards

Ian.

Specific Comments from the Recruiters

From the RFA:
    "Our cadets starting Nautical College in September will be attending BRNC Dartmouth in May, therefore, are already in the system, and are now in the process for those attending BRNC in September who will attend college in January."

From Clyde Marine:
    "We do not recruit for any one shipping company specifically, allocation of the trainees is completed once they have been accepted. Therefore it is possible that any individual who applies could be sponsored by any one of the companies that we recruit for."

From SSTG
    "We are still recruiting for Sep 2014 vacancies, in fact we don’t stop recruiting as the Jan 2015 intake is just round the corner"

From BP
    "the portal for applications will be open until late April."

From Princess Cruises
    "At this point in time I would think we probably have enough Deck Officer Cadet candidates to interview so our focus is very much on Engine and ETO. "

From Bibbys
    "Our preferred method for receiving applications is via our website on www.bibbyshipmanagement.com , where potential candidates can download an application form and forward via email to cadetapplications@we.bibbyshipmanagement.com."

From Carnival Group:
    "We have closed our application process for September due to high volumes of applicants. (I my need to reopen for ETO's but will let you know). For September I was only looking for 20 across the 3 disciplines. ALL applications are through the website www.carnivalukcareers.co.uk when I reopen them for January. This will be around June / July."

I have some more responses after a quick nudge to those that had not responded before:

From Anglo Eastern:

We still have another 13 Vacancies at the moment and actively recruiting. We are still recruiting for Subsea 7 and DAO.

From Conway Trust: (This is the complete email I received!)
    "Conway Merchant Navy Trust completed recruitment in Jan 14 for the Sept 14 entry."

Ian
    Last edited by Hatchorder; 22nd September 2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Moved opening comments to top of thread
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

2. The following 3 users say Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

AbdulRafiq_14 (5th April 2014),al-ansary (27th March 2017),meyta arinta (15th July 2015)

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks
    More responses:

From James Fisher:

We have a link to our application form through our website http://www.james-fisher.com/careers/...raining-scheme which can be emailed or posted back to me, if preferred I can send out paper applications on request.

From Pritchard-Gordon:
    "We need one more cadet, (we are recruiting 7 this year), however I will be interviewing another potential candidate early next week. I will update you later once I know the outcome of that interview."
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

4. The following user says Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

al-ansary (27th March 2017)

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

Comments moved to top of thread. ^^^
    Last edited by Hatchorder; 22nd September 2014 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Moved opening comments to top of thread

6. The following user says Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

AbdulRafiq_14 (20th May 2014)

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

I have just had an update from SSTG.

"We have completed Sept 2014 Deck trainee requirement and now interviewing for Jan 2015. (Estimated number 20-25). We are still looking for 12 Engineer trainees for start Sept 2014 and of course it will be on going for Jan 2015."

So - there are 12 Engineer Cadet jobs still to be filled at SSTG. Get applying in the usual fashion, if you are still looking for an Engineer Cadetship.

Ian.

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks
    STOP PRESS!

I have had another update today from SSTG:

We have 4 FD Deck Positions for container ships opened up recently and 4 FD Engineer Cadets deep sea, no offshore positions left. All required for SEPT 2014 start.

So get your skates on and over to SSTG's website and get applying - 4 Deck and 4 Engineer jobs for September Foundation Degree up for grabs!

Too good to be missed? ABSOLUTELY!

Good Luck,

Ian

9. The following 3 users say Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

GuinnessMan (29th May 2014),philbrum (30th May 2014),therookie101 (1st June 2014)

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks
    STOP PRESS!

I have had an update today from Carnival:

"We currently have 2 vacancies still for ETO's for September 14 start.

We have also opened the applications for Engineers & Deck for January 15 intake, both FD & HND - colleges allowing, on www.carnivalukcareers.co.uk. These will be initially open until the 1st August 2014."

They are looking to recruit 4 x Deck Cadets and 4 x Engineer Cadets (HND or FD) for Janaury at this stage.

Please note the new web address for applications everyone....

Good Luck everyone - especially potential ETO's - 2 September starts out there for the taking...

Ian
    Last edited by Hatchorder; 30th June 2014 at 12:00 PM.

11. The following user says Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

philbrum (23rd June 2014)

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

Moved these comments to first post in thread
    Last edited by Hatchorder; 8th July 2014 at 12:41 PM.

13. The following 3 users say Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

CWB (30th June 2014),size4riggerboots (23rd June 2014),therookie101 (23rd June 2014)

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks
    An update I received from Carnival last week has confirmed that they are looking for 4 x Deck Cadets and 4 x Engineer Cadets for January, either Foundation degree or HND, depending on college.

Hope this helps.

Ian

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks
    Today I received news from Anglo-Eastern to say that they have completed their recruitment for September 2014. They will be looking for approximately 10 places for January 2015 but will not be actively recruiting for those positions as the high volume of applicants this year mean that they believe they already have enough applicants.

Regards

Ian

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

STOP PRESS!

I have had an update today from SSTG:

Currently they still have a number of places for September start. They are looking for 2 Deck Cadets for A.E.L. 1 Deck Cadet for M.E.F. 1 Deck Cadet for Evergreen Marine, 1 Engineer Cadet for CMA and 1 Engineer Cadet for Gardline Geo-Survey.

So follow the little linky thing in the first post, (I have even created a link to take you to their application form!), and get over and find that job you wanted - NO EXCUSES.

Regards

Ian

17. The following user says Thank You to Hatchorder for this useful post:

Clanky (9th July 2015)

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast