The Big Job-Hunting Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Engineer Officer (CoC: EOOW)
    Thanks

Pretty much same situation as you Jim i come from a Construction background and ironically used to look over CV for other people but i got a guy from here who very kindly gave mine a once over and offered some pretty sound advice so i redone it. Had it looked over by a few recruiters who say its fine and that although i have a lot of Engineering and Management experience i don't have the experience at rank to be considered (Classic catch 22). I have been making good headway with a recruiter from Northern Marine in the past week but i heard only yesterday that they are going to be making redundancies throughout their fleet so think that could end up a dead end. I keep hearing some Cruise companies are gong to be recruiting and Maersk etc but when i have contacted them i have been getting knockbacks or told there is nothing available. Suppose we just soldier on.

Maritime Organisation
    Thanks
    I am a landing craft business working throughout the British coastlines. Let me know if you require any marine services. We offer anything from cargo carrying to dredging work.

Thanks
    Applied for the Cal-Mac 4th Engineer job and as i hadn't heard anything (The cut off date has been a few weeks) went down to my local Cal Mac office and they spoke to HR who are in an office across the water from me. Woman came on and asked what i was wanting and i said was enquiring about the job advertised and she then put me on hold and said i never made it pass the first stage the reason given was my ticket wasn't good enough then hung up the phone. It's not the first time i feel recruiters have been short with me when i have been trying to be pro active in networking and i have genuinely never had any problems before in any other industry. I'm not moaning because i got a rejection (again) but i am really bewildered in the resentment you get from phoning/speaking to the various HR and agency recruiters when you are enquiring for jobs in the Merchant Navy. Is this something i should just get used to ?

Deck Officer (CoC: OOW)
    Thanks
    You mean 3rd engineer job calms don't have any 4th's. Calmac get crazy numbers of applicants these days.

Thanks

No Lewis i mean 4th Eng position. They advertised it for Small ferries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234