Jobs in Australia/New Zealand - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WesternStar View Post
    Do you have an Australian visa or residency? There is lots of work in Australia right now if you have the correct visa and DP time.
    Yes, I have a Permanent Residents Visa, but I don't Particularly want to relocate without a Job to go to.

I have got a lot of DP time, about 10000 hours in Flexi-pipelay, ROV, construction and Seismic. I have seen a few 2nd Mates jobs that I would have thought I had a fair chance of getting but no response.

I just Applied for another job, and I was just told that my qualifications were not suitable and got some half response saying my Qualifications have to be assessed, without really giving me any help, which I don't really see a need for, unless it was an Australian Flagged ship of which there aren't very many, and In which case to get a CEC or CoR, I need to have a job offer in place or be Employed.

There are more jobs appearing in Australia but even though I have a Masters ticket, I don't have any senior stamps yet, and with my current employer there are a lot of Senior DPO's with only OOW and Chiefs tickets that aren't going anywhere, it is extremely frustrating after Spending a lot of time money and effort to get my Masters and to get the Visa for myself and my Partner, just to be stuck where I am, even if at the least it is a Job.

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pash87 View Post
    Yes, I have a Permanent Residents Visa, but I don't Particularly want to relocate without a Job to go to.

I have got a lot of DP time, about 10000 hours in Flexi-pipelay, ROV, construction and Seismic. I have seen a few 2nd Mates jobs that I would have thought I had a fair chance of getting but no response.

I just Applied for another job, and I was just told that my qualifications were not suitable and got some half response saying my Qualifications have to be assessed, without really giving me any help, which I don't really see a need for, unless it was an Australian Flagged ship of which there aren't very many, and In which case to get a CEC or CoR, I need to have a job offer in place or be Employed.

There are more jobs appearing in Australia but even though I have a Masters ticket, I don't have any senior stamps yet, and with my current employer there are a lot of Senior DPO's with only OOW and Chiefs tickets that aren't going anywhere, it is extremely frustrating after Spending a lot of time money and effort to get my Masters and to get the Visa for myself and my Partner, just to be stuck where I am, even if at the least it is a Job.
    It's a strange market in Australia. As for the AMSA CoR you can get that as soon as you have permanent residency, of course after having completed an oral. There is some serious competition for work, however with your experience you may find yourself very well qualified for certain niche work, especially in construction.
    One of the things in Oz is they like people on the ground in Australia, they tend not to like people being overseas when applying, not totally sure why, perhaps its to satisfy unions etc, can't say for certain. The second thing is some HR personnel seem to incorrectly think that an AMSA CoC or CoR is necessary for the work, no idea where this comes from as nothing in the offshore industry is Australian registered. The only decent sized Aus registered ships are the ferries and a few deep sea ships.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345