Watches and Sunglasses - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deck Cadet
    Thanks

Very interesting video, especially the bit on Ray-Bans and Oakleys.

https://youtu.be/gDdq2rIqAlM

Aspiring Deck Cadet
    Thanks
    I haven't bought a new pair in years, all mine predate the move to Luxottica. The ones that were made in the USA back in the day were excellent, especially the XMetal series.

Deck Cadet
    Thanks
    Bought some Oakleys my first trip away duty-free and they have lasted well.

It's more about functionality at sea - I can't imagine posing about with designer gear would go down fantastically... that said, I follow some Instagrammers that do just that 😂😂

Cheap Casio on deck, one time investment of 10 and it's still working today. It is however, chipped, smashed and painted!

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gl3483 View Post
    Very interesting video, especially the bit on Ray-Bans and Oakleys.

https://youtu.be/gDdq2rIqAlM
    I hear you, and I'm absolutely sure that there are suitable sunglasses available that are cheaper than Oakley and Ray Ban, however I couldn't say which. I know with Oakley and Ray Ban that I am guaranteed a pair of decent quality sunglasses that will protect my eyes well, instead of the Asda specials which gives you a headache and probably burn your retina in the process. Also they look good.

Deck Cadet
    Thanks

Yeah, I know what you mean. As Luxottica own the major retailers it's hard to find anywhere that sells decent pairs, you're basically stuck with buying online. I have seen you can get a pair of Ray-Bans for 80 quid these days so it obviously isn't as bad as it used to be!

As for cheap pairs, as long as they have UVA and UVB protection, which nearly all sunglasses from major shops do these days, you're safe. But might look a bit naff haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12