Assessments Carnival House

Aspiring Engine Cadet
    Thanks

Assessments Carnival House

Have been selected to attend an assessment day for Carnival in November.

Individual interview and group activities. Plus assessments.

Has any member went through this process , and what is Involved on the day.

Many thanks

Aspiring Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    I have also been selected for the assessments and interview. Looking at other threads in this forum, there will be maths tests up to GCSE level, possibly A level. Some of the threads say there will be mechanical aptitude tests but I did these online prior to this stage of the process online. Not sure if we will do them again. I have replied asking if the activities require a change of clothes as I normally wear a suit for interview but if there is some kind of team building thing happening, jeans and PPE will be more practical.

Any other advice will be gratefully received. I am actually a mature applicant having been working in engineering for a number of years, well since 1989. Has any other person on this forum applied as a mature candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by deedub29 View Post
    Have been selected to attend an assessment day for Carnival in November.

Individual interview and group activities. Plus assessments.

Has any member went through this process , and what is Involved on the day.

Many thanks

Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    Hey there!

I am currently a phase 1 engine cadet with Carnival Uk so i'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge based on my experiences.

We had our interview last with the assessments and group exercise first. The assessments have changed a great deal, especially most recently. I believe they are now all done on a computer instead of written papers which will test your memory as well as common sense.

My group activity involved splitting into teams of around four and competing to build the tallest tower from spaghetti and marshmallows, so to avoid any embarrassment I recommend leaving any PPE at home!

Turn up looking smart in a suit and anything else will be provided by Carnival. And do not be concerned about your age if you have some good experience. The current phase 1's range from 16-40 years old for Carnival! They are looking more at your personality and enthusiasm than your age. The fact that you have made it to this stage means they are willing to offer you a cadetship providing you can prove yourself on the assessment day.

If you have any other questions the feel free to ask or PM me.

Best of luck! ��

4. The following user says Thank You to Aspiring Cadet for this useful post:

Woganfan (1 Week Ago)

Aspiring Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Woganfan View Post
    I have also been selected for the assessments and interview. Looking at other threads in this forum, there will be maths tests up to GCSE level, possibly A level. Some of the threads say there will be mechanical aptitude tests but I did these online prior to this stage of the process online. Not sure if we will do them again. I have replied asking if the activities require a change of clothes as I normally wear a suit for interview but if there is some kind of team building thing happening, jeans and PPE will be more practical.

Any other advice will be gratefully received. I am actually a mature applicant having been working in engineering for a number of years, well since 1989. Has any other person on this forum applied as a mature candidate?
    Same predicament as yourself being a mature applicant. Just finishing my degree in Mechanical Engineering.

6. The following user says Thank You to deedub29 for this useful post:

Woganfan (1 Week Ago)

Aspiring Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. I'm actually 44 but have heard that they are recruiting mature applicants in many shipping companies. Especially if they already have engineering qualifications and experience.

Aspiring Engine Cadet
    Thanks

Best of luck with your application. Finishing your degree in mechanical engineering will certainly mean they are very interested in you.