X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt247
    • August 2015

Maersk Tankers sale

Am I right in undertanding Maersk Tankers has been sold to AP Moller.....which is actually Maersk?
  • perksy121
    • March 2011

Sort of, it's been sold to a majority group of Maersk shareholders then some kind of management group is going to be set up.

Second stage of four-part programme to split energy-related activities under way

Comment

• Matt247
      • August 2015

Will the officers still be able to serve on tanker fleet and supply and container fleet

Comment

• perksy121
        • March 2011

Well it's not affecting officers in the Supply or Container fleets. Once you qualify you get assigned to one fleet and that's it, they're run as separate companies. I've not heard about what'll happen to the officers in the Tanker fleet yet, there's certainly not been any talk of redundancy.

Comment

• Chiefy
          • April 2010

It will all depend on how far they move from Maersk, if they decided to keep the name and go fully 3rd party management, or if it's just a giant tax dodge and nothing very much will change.

But as said earlier, once you qualify you are assigned a fleet and pretty much it, you can occasionally move etc but that isn't the norm.

As for large scale lay offs, you will still have the same number of ships to man, and regarles there aren't that many seafarers laying about waiting for job, yes conditions and pay scales may not be as good, but really within the industry there is very little unemployment. Quality, arguable, may be hit and miss but that's a while different thing
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Working...
          X