X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mwsy
    • January 2017

Cdc

I'm hopefully starting at Fleetwood in September 2017 and I was wondering does everyone do CDC, and if so, how long after you've started and what does it involve?

Thanks
  • 750XL
    • March 2017

I'm starting in September too.

Haven't heard anything officially from the college or my company but I believe it's a week in the Lake District walking etc

Comment

• PuttPutt
      • October 2016

My company are putting us on a tall ship for 3 weeks. Don't know if this will replace the CDC or be in addition.

Comment

• Wave
        • December 2016

Originally posted by Mwsy View Post
        I'm hopefully starting at Fleetwood in September 2017 and I was wondering does everyone do CDC, and if so, how long after you've started and what does it involve?

Thanks
        You have a lot to look forward to.

I'm not going to spoil the surprise, but it is in the Lake District. You will walk up a big hill. You will get muddy. You will share a room with others. You will probably get very wet. You will hate it at the time but looking back at ours in February we wish we could go again.

Your tall ship trip is very unlikely to replace CDC.

PS. Bring many towels and dry clothes.

Comment

• size4riggerboots
          • March 2010

A room?! Dammit, kids today get all the luxuries! We camped. In January. In below zero temperatures.... and then our tents blew away!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

• Mwsy
            • January 2017

Originally posted by Wave View Post
            You have a lot to look forward to.

I'm not going to spoil the surprise, but it is in the Lake District. You will walk up a big hill. You will get muddy. You will share a room with others. You will probably get very wet. You will hate it at the time but looking back at ours in February we wish we could go again.

Your tall ship trip is very unlikely to replace CDC.

PS. Bring many towels and dry clothes.

Sounds like my kind of thing! Hopefully......

Comment

• PuttPutt
              • October 2016

Literally cannot wait. First few weeks is gonna be amazing from going to the Baltics to the CDC.

Comment

• Bateson
                • June 2017

Its not too bad depending on the type of person you are. You have a day of Navigation either on Mountains on up hills where you receive a NNAS certificate Bronze or Silver. You will know everything about anyone after CDC. prepare to eat some tragic sandwiches as well plus an afternoon/evening of orienteering. You should meet someone called MR Gibbs , solid bloke who will guide you through phase 1, expect no phone signal and some sore feet, lots of towels is a necessity.

CDC isn't a big deal just 4 days of team bonding with your class mates, you will look back on it in the months to come and think that you made a big deal out of nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X