Recruitment website

Deck Cadet
    Thanks

Recruitment website

Having recently qualified as a navigation officer, I am now tasked with hardest part so far of my new chosen career......finding a job.
    The company I did my cadetship with have been great so far by giving me a little relief work and putting me through some extra courses but have made it clear that a permanent post is very unlikely at the moment.

Anyway that's beside the point and not the reason of this post. Does anybody know how legitimate Seamensway.com is? They seem to have lots of 3rd officer jobs advertised for various ship types. Before I bang all my details into their system, has anyone here had any dealings with them?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Deck Officer (CoC: OOW)
    Thanks
    Can't tell you the number off the bat but there is an M-notice with a list of authorised UK recruitment agencies. If they're in there I'd say they're trustworthy, if not then no

Aspiring Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    Try "seamariner, Clyde marine recruitment, Bachman recruitment, WRS, marine recruitment.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I'm regestered with them. It looks like a lot of the job postings are duplicates making it seem like there's more jobs than there actually is. The jobs also seem to be catered for Eastern Europeans with most jobs written in Cyrillic.
    I've applied to dozens of posts through them & have never heard so much of a peep back.

Deck Cadet
    Thanks
    cruiseshipjobs.com is advertising 96 deck jobs at the moment, but I haven't looked in detail. The website is also somewhat...'basic'... so do your due diligence before firing off all your details....

Thanks
    Hi guys im a south african, also kinda newly qualified...im registered on Seamensway.com and have applied for a good few jobs without any feedback or reply other than 'your application received...
    I am actually trying to get a foot in the Offshore door, but damn its difficult as i dont have DP, but I served as Deck Cadet in the Offshore...
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snappyryan13 View Post
    Hi guys im a south african, also kinda newly qualified...im registered on Seamensway.com and have applied for a good few jobs without any feedback or reply other than 'your application received...
    I am actually trying to get a foot in the Offshore door, but damn its difficult as i dont have DP, but I served as Deck Cadet in the Offshore...
    Any ideas?
    Best idea is to give up on the offshore as it isn't happening in this market. There was a boom in recruitment during 2009-2014 then the oil price crashed.

Deck Cadet
    Thanks

Get yourself on Linkedin and start networking, it's not hard. Once you've built a network, you'll see adverts popping up from all sorts of people. Whether or not you get the job is sadly another matter...

Your branch of the Nautical Institute could be of help, or HCMM if you're in the UK. Anything that gets you in contact with people that are ALREADY well networked is a good thing.