New Engineering Management Course

Engineer Officer (CoC: EOOW)
    Thanks

New Engineering Management Course

Did anyone here enrol in the first intake for the new Management course this past January?

I will be attending the course in the Summer and just wandering what to expect.

Are the Engineering Knowledge exams questions Chief Engineer questions? Or is it a mix between 2nds and Chiefs?

Just wanting to find out where to concentrate my studies before I start the course. As from reading through the past papers of both CE and 2nds. The CE answers seem to go into a much further depth, especially on the Motor papers, compared too the 2nds.

Hopefully can get some sort of a discussion going as I imagine there are others who would like more information also.

Other (on shore)
    Thanks
    As there hasn't been any exams yet I've no idea if it will be a mix of Chiefs and Seconds questions or just Chiefs. On this page when you click on the link for past papers it only gives the Chiefs papers questions. There is a link to the syllabus and that does appear to be aimed mainly at the old Chiefs syllabus. http://www.cityofglasgowcollege.ac.u...rse-2017-05-02

If you still have a trip to go before you go back to college I would get practicing your diagrams now so you know how to draw a sewage treatment plant, evaps, batteries, star delta starters, DOL starters, portable gas detectors and all pumps so that you don't have to use your time practicing them when you get to college. Don't just look at the book and try and remember them. Get practicing them so you know the easiest and quickest way to get them down on paper in an exam. For example for the sewage treatment plant I used to start off with drawing a Y shaped separation hopper then the air lifts, the chlorination chamber with floats and pumps, then the inlet strainer then finally the box that made up the tank. You will find the best way to do each drawing is down to personal preference.

Don't worry too much that you might be tackling Chief Engineers questions when you are going for your Seconds ticket. I found the Chiefs exam a lot easier as it was asking more for reasons for and against why you support a statement rather than the sketch and describe questions in the seconds exams. If you have experienced the situation before it is easier to talk about it than trying to quote something from a book. If you haven't experienced the situation before there is a good chance someone on board will have.

I would print out the exam papers and take them with you and if you have a good Chief or Second on board go through the questions during long standbys if you get the chance. You won't get the questions all correct but it will let you know what areas you need to concentrate more on.

3. The following user says Thank You to NT Dee for this useful post:

rhys2015 (2 Weeks Ago)

Engineer Officer (CoC: EOOW)
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply ND Dee.

Some good information in your post that I will apply to my studies.

Definitely need to work on simplifying and the time taken to draw my diagrams, timing myself and feel its taking up too much time on some of them!