Grades

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grades

Unregistered

Grades

Good evening,

Just a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with.

As you are probably aware, if you do not yet have your acual results then you put down your predicted grades. What happens if you get lower grades than predicted but they are all still a pass? Could the company take your offer away?!

Many thanks

Parent
    Thanks
    As long as the grades you receive are the minimum or above of what the colleges require you should be fine. If the sponsor has higher requirements than a college requires and states your grades have to be at xxxxx level when they make an offer then they could withdraw it. To be able to go to the colleges you have to satisfy their minimum requirements the sponsors have no way of changing that it's out of their hands. If you are down to do an FD but your grades allow you to do a HND instead they might still keep the offer open.

Regardless, work as hard as you can on the exams you have to do, some times people don't find a cadetship is quite what they expected and leave, at that point you will need the best grades you can achieve to go and do something else.
    We all know this last year of exams is tiresome and your fed up, but it's only a few weeks and it will all be over! Good luck!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    As long as the grades you receive are the minimum or above of what the colleges require you should be fine. If the sponsor has higher requirements than a college requires and states your grades have to be at xxxxx level when they make an offer then they could withdraw it. To be able to go to the colleges you have to satisfy their minimum requirements the sponsors have no way of changing that it's out of their hands. If you are down to do an FD but your grades allow you to do a HND instead they might still keep the offer open.

Regardless, work as hard as you can on the exams you have to do, some times people don't find a cadetship is quite what they expected and leave, at that point you will need the best grades you can achieve to go and do something else.
    We all know this last year of exams is tiresome and your fed up, but it's only a few weeks and it will all be over! Good luck!
    Many thanks,

I am applying for HND but I am sitting my AS levels this year so I have a level above the requirements. However, I was going to resit my english as the company want grade B but I achieved a C instead. All my others meet or exceed the requirements but I am now a bit nervious that they will take this offer away from me last minute.

OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Thanks

If they have made you an offer on the basis of you having a Grade B in English then you will need to get a grade B.

If they have the capacity to use a space on an HNC course instead of an HND then they MIGHT reconsider their offer and still give it to you.

If you are still able to do the HND with the C in English they may well still reconsider their offer.

If they have plenty of applications they may just let you go............

If my uncle Robert did not have a c0ck and balls then he would have been my Auntie Mary..........

There are too many if's in there my fine young Padewan, so the moral of the story is get revising, get extra help, use free periods as study periods and get your nose into those books NOW - AND DO NOT FAIL TO GET A "B". That way you do not have any reason to worry........ Simples!

You already have a C, experience in revising for, and sitting the English exam and a further year of studying English and a year's more life experience. I cannot see any reason for you to not get a B.

As Mr Nike said - Just Do It............
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.