• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam7
    • October 2012

Cumulative Sea Service Testimonials

Evening team,

I've just changed jobs to a 2 week onff rotation. I asked the master for a sea service testimonial and was told that the company will provide me with a 'cumulative' testimonial as and when required for tickets. The superintendent told me the same thing.

Has anyone had any experience of this? I just do not want to get 18 months down the line, go for my mates and be told I should have a testimonial each trip.

Thanks in advance.
  • YoungMariner
    • April 2011

Should be fine, company issues testimonials are perfectly acceptable.

Comment

• JAP17
      • March 2017

My company do it this way too, they will just send you a cover letter on request to send off with your documents. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

• agibbs98
        • July 2011

Keep a record of your own sea time, as accurately as possible and wrote down clearly. I also do small and frequent trips so company does the same.

However I've heard of people requesting their cumulative testimonial just before leaving for their ticket to find that the company has ballsed it up completely. If you know you have X days sea time, then you can't go wrong. If you have no idea, and they don't either... then goodluck!

Comment

• YoungMariner
          • April 2011

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
          Keep a record of your own sea time, as accurately as possible and wrote down clearly. I also do small and frequent trips so company does the same.

However I've heard of people requesting their cumulative testimonial just before leaving for their ticket to find that the company has ballsed it up completely. If you know you have X days sea time, then you can't go wrong. If you have no idea, and they don't either... then goodluck!
          Agreed! I have a record of every single day I've done at sea, where I was, which port, which country what date I joined and left, what flights I took. You never know when you might need your travel history (visas in some countries, taxation, security checks).

Comment

• Clanky
            • January 2011

I wish I was as organised as you lot, I barely know where I am today, let alone where I was 2 years ago.
            Go out, do stuff

Comment

Working...
            X