X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MacNeil
    • October 2012

Anyone work for DFDS?

Anybody on here work for DFDS, or know how their recruiment works for UK Officers?

I can see job openings for Deck Officers, however for Engineer Officers it only seems to be "Maskinst", just seems strange if there's Deck Officer positions for UK Officers, but then there's only Engineer positions for Danish / Scandinavian Officers.
    C
  • Sun Zenith
    • March 2016

The Deck Officer application is unsolicited, they always have this posted. I applied several times over a number of years but never got any reply.

Comment

• MacNeil
      • October 2012

That's annoying! Thanks and hopefully you got alternative work elsewhere.

Although I have seen a few profiles on LinkedIn of people that currently work there, maybe there's some on here who could perhaps shed some light?!
      C

Comment

• agibbs98
        • July 2011

They use British officers for all ranks in tech and deck on their Dover-Calais/Dunkirk ships. They don't hire any British crew on other routes, favouring Danish/Eastern European/Filipino on the other ships. Previous ferry experience is a must for them.

They only hire British on the short sea out of good business practise, not because they want British people. I doubt they'll be looking
        anytime soon as they've just taken on an army of French sailors from MyFerryLink.

Their rotations are 2 weeks on/off with no annual leave on top, pay is on the lower end of average for the ferry industry.

Comment

• swishwellingtons
          • January 2011

Clyde Marine cover a lot of the recruiting requirements for DFDS. Some people then get a permanent contract off the back of temp work.
          The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

- Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
          X