Uncomfortable truths?

Closed Thread
    Unregistered

Uncomfortable truths?

As I see it, it is currently very hard for a graduate cadet to secure a job as a deck officer (not too sure about engineers). This forum is very helpful however there seems to be a lot of old-timers who had a great experience, egging on younger applicants into the industry.
    The situation with Warsash and Solent makes me doubt everything even more. Is it still worth it, as this is the only thing I can picture myself doing.

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As I see it, it is currently very hard for a graduate cadet to secure a job as a deck officer (not too sure about engineers). This forum is very helpful however there seems to be a lot of old-timers who had a great experience, egging on younger applicants into the industry.
    The situation with Warsash and Solent makes me doubt everything even more. Is it still worth it, as this is the only thing I can picture myself doing.
    This post doesnt meet the requirements for the anonymous forum - please register or login as there are already numerous existing threads on this topic.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.