Advice

Thread: Advice

Advice

Pls am currently a cadet at the university of perpetual help system in the Philippines but i am a nigerian by nationality i want to know if I graduate here i can do my sea term at the United Kingdom and do my oow at warsash maritime academy

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks
    Hi Charles, you would need to contact Warsash Maritime Academy to determine whether you would be eligible to attend the college, however I am almost certain you would need to complete a full period of study there and doubt that any overseas study would be allowed in lieu of that unless you were already licensed/held degree. As for sea time with a British company, as shipping is a global industry you can try applying directly to companies or via agencies, but you'd be better asking at your present maritime college for recommendations.
    Yours aye,
    Someone who valet parks ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Pls am currently a cadet at the university of perpetual help system in the Philippines but i am a nigerian by nationality i want to know if I graduate here i can do my sea term at the United Kingdom and do my oow at warsash maritime academy
    Hello Charles, I presume you're one of those few cadets sponsored by NIMASA, apologies if am wrong. Well regarding your cadetship sea time the UK runs a different program where by the sponsoring company provides cadetship berth for their cadets. Well, if you are a cadet sponsored by NIMASA their are high chances that NIMASA will sort out your cadetship berth and regarding sitting for your COC in the UK after sea training is unlikely since you never started the program in a UK Marine college but if you have 36 months sea experience then you can go to the UK attend classes and sit for an OOW exam.
    I wish you all the best in your career.

Sent from my TECNO W4 using Tapatalk

Thank u so much can u link me up with an agent

No am nt among the nimasa cadets my dad sponsor's me