Hello all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Hello all

  1. #1

    Hello all

    Hello, just to introduce myself, a parent of a cadet and one aspiring cadet. thanks

  2. #2

    Engineer Officer (CoC: Chief)
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Posts
    2,982
    Thanks
    757
    Hello and welcome, enjoy the site.

  3. The following user says Thank You to Clanky for this useful post:

    Notsofast (14th December 2016)

  4. #3

    Parent
    Join Date
    August 2012
    Posts
    2,520
    Thanks
    417
    There are a number of parents around, and some which have done the double like you are doing too. Mines qualified but I lurk from time to time...... Stay around long enough and you even get to understand some of the technical questions. Or at least know the answers can be found in the search function, something which the youngsters often fail to use.
    At least with one being a cadet, you have the benefit of experience for number 2.
    My number two decided digging holes looking for ancient things was more his thing. Still don't understand half of what he talks about, no forum, such a drawback 😉

  5. The following user says Thank You to Midge for this useful post:

    Notsofast (14th December 2016)

  6. #4

    Retired Radio Officer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,624
    Thanks
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    There are a number of parents around, and some which have done the double like you are doing too. Mines qualified but I lurk from time to time...... Stay around long enough and you even get to understand some of the technical questions. Or at least know the answers can be found in the search function, something which the youngsters often fail to use.
    At least with one being a cadet, you have the benefit of experience for number 2.
    My number two decided digging holes looking for ancient things was more his thing. Still don't understand half of what he talks about, no forum, such a drawback 😉
    Burke or Hare?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    io parlo morse

  7. #5

    Parent
    Join Date
    August 2012
    Posts
    2,520
    Thanks
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by endure View Post
    Burke or Hare?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Well I only know Burkes peerage....

  8. #6
    Thanks guys, found the forum to be such a help first time round, not surprisingly the most informative posts to be from the "grumpy old men and women". Its definitely easier for my second to understand how it all works now and fingers crossed!

  9. #7
    OC's Resident CV Guru
    Retired Deck Officer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,664
    Thanks
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Notsofast View Post
    .....the most informative posts to be from the "grumpy old men and women"................
    I THINK I resemble that remark! LOL. Although less of the old please - I am only 53.... Shut up Harmless Weasel......

    Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

    "Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

  10. #8

    Retired Radio Officer
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,624
    Thanks
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchorder View Post
    I THINK I resemble that remark! LOL. Although less of the old please - I am only 53....
    Bloody youngsters...
    io parlo morse

  11. #9

    Engineer Officer (CoC: Chief)
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchorder View Post
    I THINK I resemble that remark! LOL. Although less of the old please - I am only 53.... Shut up Harmless Weasel......

    Ian
    Ditto
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

    Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.


    Twitter:- @DeeChief

  12. #10

    Yep, these are exactly the people i had in mind, you know who you are, unsung heroes! Pass me a tissue...

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:46 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB