EOOW Unlimited and Limited - differences?!

Engineer Officer (CoC: EOOW)
    Thanks

EOOW Unlimited and Limited - differences?!

I'm nearing completion of my cadetship, and following the HNC route, my sea time has been spent on a variety of supply, anchor handling, and construction vessels.

What I'm wondering is: If following the said named course, and upon successful completion of both the IAMI's and Orals, would I be issued with an EOOW Unlimited license?!

What differentiates between getting an unlimited license and limited license these days?

Hope the foregoing is clear, and aye I've had a browse at other threads! Cheers!

Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    I could be wrong but I think that the difference between unlimited and limited EOOW tickets is all down to the size of ship (engine wise) that you would qualify to work on i.e limited i think has to be <3000kw and ulimited, well any size haha. If im wrong im sure someone will correct me
    Phase 3 Engine Cadet at Glasgow College of Nautical Studies

Engineer Officer (CoC: Chief)
    Thanks

Nope, as per forever, it's jst engine size.....in this instance size matters and I think it's still 3000kw main engine power (or equvalent for the diesel electric people)
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief