City of Glasgow January 2016 Starts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deck Cadet
    Thanks

City of Glasgow January 2016 Starts!

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone else is due to start in January 2016 at City of Glasgow college?
    I will be starting as a deck cadet on the FD course with Chiltern Maritime/Maritime Education Foundation.

I have to live in the student accommodation for the first 6 months and I see they have shared rooms (2 to a room) which is a fair amount cheaper than a single room but I'm pretty apprehensive about who I could get landed with!

Cheers,

Eilidh

Retired Radio Officer
    Thanks

Beer! A vacation in a can!

Deck Cadet
    Thanks
    That's interesting. when I started, Chiltern only used Warsash and Fleetwood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deck Officer (CoC: Chief Mate)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inland Pirate View Post

Might be to do with the increasingly poor teaching at Warsash and the new college in Glasgow?

Parent
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inland Pirate View Post

No they they use others too.

Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    I would try to avoid, the accommodation is brand new but I have already heard bad things about it

Deck Cadet
    Thanks
    Will I hope they're not expecting quality teaching at Glasgow... The new building is excellent though. Friends have said the new accommodation is awful. Tiny. You can't even fit a folder on the desk they provide. Most have went into the old accommodation.

Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    There are two chilterns in the PD engine class and 1 in PD deck. They do tend to be only MEF cadets though threw chiltern at glasgow. BP visited the college around a month back and seem quite interested in starting to send cadets there starting from 2016. Hopefully other companies might follow as it has really been made into an excellent college compared to the old building which was understaffed and no engine simulators.
    Phase 3 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college.

Engine Cadet
    Thanks
    The new accommodation has teaching issues but it has actually more space than the ones at fleetwood and south tynside when I visited. It comes with a small double bed and 6 shelf slots for folders which hold mine perfectly fine. All rooms have en suite and you are sharing a kitchen space with between 4-5 people. The views are also excellent. They do have a no alcohol policy which people don't agree with and they do ban PSN and Xbox live etc. Many of the original problems have been solved. Saint Luke's is a sh*7 hole, dirty old carpets worn out kitchen spaces and share with around 6 people. I wouldn't move back. The only bonus with Saint Luke's is that you can park your car.
    Phase 3 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college.

Deck Officer (CoC: Chief Mate)
    Thanks

Was quite impressed with the building when I did NARAS(m) start of October. There is still a select few half decent lecturers there, Dleep being one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast