X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac
    • January 2015

ETO Opportunities?

What type of vessels carry ETOs? Are there many opportunities out there for ETOs just now?
  • chris
    • June 2010

Generally ships with complex electrical systems.

The rfa seem short of etos right now. I had 3 job offers on qualifying.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

• ETwhat?
      • June 2011

The simple answer is yes, although to confuse matters a little with the new STCW regs you can only be an ETO if you hold the ticket meaning that lots of companies now sail with system engineers or similar its the same job but as its not called ETO you don't need the ticket (only really for people already with experience)

From mine and chris's above class about 10 had no job guaranteed at the end most had jobs within a few months and several had multiple offers.

The range of ships that carry them varies some types will for one company and some wont but generally if there's complicated electric or electronic systems that a failure within would prevent the ship carrying out its function then yes it will have one, I spend a lot of my time making sure cranes and cargo ramps work. On tankers it was discharge pumps and IG plants

Currently Trinity house is looking for one, several oil majors for LNG ships, superyacths tend to always be looking
      you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

• Hyunna
        • March 2014

I received the following from Faststream Recruutment earlier this week, if anyone's interested :

Areyou looking for your next ETO role?

I am working with an international Oil Major who is currently recruiting for
        Electrical Technical Officers to join their fleet. They have just releasedtheir
        new build program with state of the art vessels expected in 2018.

This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly reputable company offering a
        competitive package. To be considered, you will need to have experience as an
        ETO on a Tanker vessel.

If you are interested, please contact me on +44 (0) 2380 208820 or email yourCV
        to [email protected].

Comment

• chris
          • June 2010

Possibly, I believe thats with shell
          Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

• Hyunna
            • March 2014

Wrong - it is with BP who are starting a fleet renewal newbuilding programme in Korea later this year.

Comment

Working...
            X