Australian Cadetships 2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks

Australian Cadetships 2015

2015 Maritime Deck & Engineer Cadetships

Inco Ships Pty Ltd is a leading Australian ship management company, operating a large fleet of blue water vessels around Australia and overseas on behalf of CSL Australia.

In 2015 we will be continuing our Cadet Program with intakes for both Deck and Engineer Officers within the CSL Australia fleet. We are looking for motivated, committed and enthusiastic individuals who are keen to establish a career within a long-established shipping company.

This unique four year program provides a rare opportunity to be paid whilst studying at university and at sea. The successful applicants will not only receive an internationally recognised Degree, but will have access to direct entry, full-time employment at the completion of their studies. There is also additional opportunity for both local and international graduate placements! Our cadets will be provided with a salary for the duration of the program, paid accommodation whilst studying on campus, and receive mentoring by experienced professionals throughout the program.

Applicants will need to meet the entry requirements/prerequisites set out by the University of Tasmania for the Bachelor of Applied Science (Marine Engineering) or Bachelor of Applied Science (Nautical Science) which will be conducted at the Australian Maritime College campus, Launceston, Tasmania.

Minimum requirements for consideration are:
    •Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) with a pass in Mathematics Applied (or equivalent); and
    •Physics, Chemistry or a physical science subject; and
    •English - Australian Year 10 pass (or equivalent); and
    •A minimum ATAR of 60.

Previous work experience or other affiliation with the maritime industry or environment is also desirable.

Candidates will need to undertake psychometric testing, a reference check process as well as AMSA and pre-employment medicals, including drug and alcohol screening.

Places are limited in this program, with new intakes occurring each year. Think you have what it takes to establish a career in the shipping industry? Then apply now - this is an exciting opportunity not to be missed!

Applications should be forwarded in writing by email to: recruitment@incoships.com.au or via fax to 02 9439 9511.

Inco Ships is an equal opportunity employer.
    Yours aye,
    Someone who valet parks ships.

2. The following user says Thank You to YoungMariner for this useful post:

JG-1000 (4th February 2015)

4. The following user says Thank You to YoungMariner for this useful post:

size4riggerboots (15th December 2014)

Interesting cadetship program. Unfortunately it seems to be accessible only to Australian or new Zealand nationals .

As a Kiwi, looks rather interesting! I would apply if I wasn't set on passenger vessels!
    "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out" ~ John Wooden

Deck Cadet on Product Tankers.

OC's Resident Grumpy Old Man
    Other (on shore)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an_imperial_affliction View Post
    As a Kiwi, looks rather interesting! I would apply if I wasn't set on passenger vessels!
    You should apply anyway.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst....
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessMan View Post
    You should apply anyway.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst....
    True, although I've been granted entry into the course that was my "dream" option, so I'm not applying for anything more at the moment.

No offence to anyone, but I'm also not jumping at the bit to be moving permanently to Australia either!
    "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out" ~ John Wooden

Deck Officer (CoC: Master)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an_imperial_affliction View Post

No offence to anyone, but I'm also not jumping at the bit to be moving permanently to Australia either!
    Give it a few years when you see the wages etc in Oz!
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

I've got to admit, you guys across the ditch certainly have the edge on that front!

Deck Officer (CoC: Chief Mate)
    Thanks
    A friend of mine has an Aussie mate staying with him for a bit, who's going to come and hang out with me tomorrow to talk about cadetships. Not knowing much (anything) about the Australian system I'm doing some research in preparation, those links YM has posted are brilliant, but does anyone have any first hand experience and/or advice for a prospective Australian cadet?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Aspiring Deck Cadet
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by size4riggerboots View Post
    A friend of mine has an Aussie mate staying with him for a bit, who's going to come and hang out with me tomorrow to talk about cadetships. Not knowing much (anything) about the Australian system I'm doing some research in preparation, those links YM has posted are brilliant, but does anyone have any first hand experience and/or advice for a prospective Australian cadet?
    This too would be great!

Another question - Is it possible for Australian Cadets to undertake their shore studies in Australian, and join a UK/Euro Company for their QSS?
    Sierra Alpha
    -33.969929, 151.209751

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast